Counsellor based in Bradford and Leeds, providing professional, non-judgmental, confidential counselling and psychotherapy for individuals and couples.
People typically seek counselling when something isn't working in their lives and they wish to find a way forward. Counsellors and psychotherapists are trained to help you explore, clarify and build awareness about what is happening in your life and why, and identify solutions that work for you, by paying close attention to you, listening carefully and asking helpful questions. Psychotherapy is often experienced as a sensitive, respectful discussion.
The kinds of experiences that counselling and psychotherapy can help with include:
- Fears, worries and anxieties that stand in the way of daily life, hopes and aspirations
- Finding it hard to deal with anger or conflict
- Persistent feelings of sadness and loss
- Problems within close relationships
- Dealing with trauma, such as violence, neglect or sexual abuse
- Feeling uncertain, stuck, at an impasse or overwhelmed
I take a positive and affirming stance to difference and diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds, in particular people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, transgender, gender non-binary, gender fluid, queer or questioning as well as others who may have experienced marginalisation, prejudice and discrimination.
- I offer daytime and evening appointments on week days.
- I offer counselling in Bradford (Tong) and Leeds (Horsforth).
- Wheelchair access is available in Leeds only.
- I work with people on either a time/session-limited or open-ended basis.
- I'm a member of the UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA).
- I abide by UKATA's code of ethical practice.
- I offer 55-minute sessions costing £40 per session for individuals and £50 for couples (rate for couples is reduced to £40 until April 2017).
- Coaching - reduced fee until April 2017 - £80 per 2-hour session
- An initial consultation costs £30.
- As I work as a counellor in Bradford and Leeds, I can offer some flexibility in terms of location.
Follow the link to book an appointment or ask a question, or call me on 07586 322 048